SPECIAL PROGRAMS ESPANHOL E JORNALISMO 6 semana Programa de Espanhol Intermediário Toda segunda-feira
In our Spanish and Journalism program, you will not only gain professional experience but will also learn Spanish through customized classes that are specially designed to relate to their linguistic journalism needs. This six week program is designed to ensure students experience maximum immersion by living with a host-family. The six week program consists of two weeks of intensive language classes followed by four weeks of specialised journalism language classes and internship program. This program gives students the professional and linguistic skills needed to stand out as a qualified candidate in a competitive job market.
In the Spanish and Journalism program, you will:
- • Publish your work on the official Elebaires Journalism Blog as well as in your journalism internship organizations´ publication!
- • Acquire fundamental communication skills and real journalism field experience.
- • Become fluent in Spanish. Bilingual journalists are extremely sought after professionals and now you are one of them!
- • Get academic credit for your internship and get the hands on experience you need to really do well whether it be back at school or on the streets getting the story!
The only prerequisite for this program is that when commencing the program, students should have an intermediate level of Spanish. If students wish to take this program, Elebaires can coordinate a program for students to accomplish an intermediate level prior to the Spanish and Health program.
On your first Monday, you will begin your two week Intensive Group Spanish course, taking 40 hours in total over two weeks (4 hours per day, 20 hours per week). At the beginning of week 3, you will have your entrance interview at your placement site and will begin your journalism internship! That same week, you will start your customized journalism classes (5 hours per week, 20 hours total over 4 weeks), ensuring that you will get the absolute most out of your internship and classroom experience! The intensive course consists of 4 hour classes, 5 days a week. The classes are held in the mornings from 9am-1pm with a 15 minute break at 11am.
TThe Spanish and Journalism Program is a six week intensive program which includes a 4 week internship at a prominent media organization in Buenos Aires.
Class size will depend on the number of students interested in studying the Spanish and Journalism program at the same time as you. Our class sizes do not exceed seven students so as to ensure an optimal learning environment.
- 1. Specific materials (textbooks, photocopies, well as interactive materials)
- 2. Free placement test upon arrival
- 3. Cultural and social activities / programs
- 4. Attendance Certificate
- 5. Discounts in Dinner and Tango shows
- 6. Discounts in outings: camp day, polo and football matches etc.
A range of accommodation options can be organized for you during you stay. The school offers housing in host-families, shared student apartments, student residences, and hostels. For further information, see our Accommodation page.
Prices are dependent on the amount of time you enrol with discounts available on long-term enrolments. For more specific information, see our Pricing page or contact us directly.
If you have any doubts concerning which Spanish course to take, please contact us and we can advise you further on the Spanish program that will best meet your needs.