Cheap vacations/ travel in Buenos Aires, Argentina! What´s so cheap about it???
- October 2, 2019
- Posted by: Student Advisor
- Category: Uncategorized
The currency in Argentina is the Argentinean peso and the dollar/Euro is very strong in comparison (especially right now) so all you dollar/euro holders… come to Buenos Aires! Take a very affordable vacation, and take advantage of the opportunity to support their economy and return home with some cheap, high quality, fun, treats, gifts and souvenirs! Here are some things that are surprisingly cheap here in Argentina:
- Fruits & Vegetables- to get your vegetables, go to a verdureria where they sell strictly fruits and vegetables. I usually buy all my fruits and vegetables on Sunday for the week and it costs me all together about 500 pesos which is equivalent to about $9 USD…for a WEEK.
- Empanadas- you can buy the most delicious empanadas for about 40 pesos which is less than 1 dollar. Careful…they are cheap and delicious so the only thing that is stopping you from eating a dozen a day is your own will to limit yourself…
- Meat- Argentina is the country of meat so it is very high quality and very affordable! You cannot leave this country without sitting down to a fat steak (or asado) and indulging yourself.
- Transportation- every ride on the subte and bus is 20 pesos each which is not even 50 cents!
- Places to stay- You can find an airbnb where you have the whole place for about 15$ per night! You can also find very cheap hostels as well.
- Wine- Argentina is known for its Malbec, and you can get a really good bottle for about $3!
- Leather- Stock up on your leather purchases because you won’t find them anywhere else as cheap as here!
- Silver/ Jewelry- depending on what time of year you come, plan ahead and don’t buy Christmas, birthday, mother´s day, anniversary, Valentine´s day, etc. presents for your loved ones because you can get some beautiful jewelry on a budget and your friend, family member, spouse, girlfriend, boyfriend will think you spent the big bucks!
- SPANISH COURSES- learn Spanish here with use and take advantage of our free activities! Check out our courses here!