Top 5 Tips for living in shared accommodation
- September 18, 2013
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Accommodation
Here at Elebaires we are all about the holistic approach. We understand that in order to best learn a language, you need to have a comfortable surrounding. That is why all of our residences are clean, tidy, afe and comfortable. We understand that for a student to improve their language they need to be in the right environment. We have written a blog to help you get by in shared accomodation.
1) Learn one thing to cook so that every so often you can surprise everyone with a little culinary treat! In my first week one of the housemates organized a welcoming party and made his way into our goodbooks by cooking us all delicious homemade pizzas.
2) Remember to be sociable! In the first few days it’s easy to get bogged down with facebook-ing and skype-ing your friends and family and sitting in your room watching an entire series in one day. Get out and get to know your flatmates a bit, it’s hard in the beginning but they will appreciate it and it will pay divdends in the end!
3) Try and make some labels of some of the cutlery and cooking equipment, that way you’ll learn all of the important words for stuff in the house! Its really important to keep yourself surrounded by Spanih, that way you will learn Spanish as quickly as possible.
4) Bring some Books, DVDs and playing cards crucial for some relaxing downtime. You can all get together and watch films from each others countries and put on Spanish subtitles. A great way to learn a bit of Spanish and get to know more about the world
5) Final boring tip!! Keep the house clean/do your washing. Don’t expect your mummy to come running over and was up your plates. Your house mates will get frustrated with you. Being away from home is about learning Spanish but its also an enriching experience and you will grow as a person.
We hope this helps and that your stay with Elebaires is a special one.