Your home away from home
As part of your complete Spanish education Elebaires offers full immersion for students who choose to live with our homestays during their time in Buenos Aires. Our homestay hosts are all hand-picked by Elebaires staff and ensure the homes are safe and comfortable.
Why do so many students choose the homestay option?
- Live in an Argentinean household – By choosing to live with a local family rather than an independent residence you open yourself up to the daily customs and on-goings of an Argentinean family. Perhaps most importantly the food – our homestays provide breakfast and dinner every night for the student. You can enjoy the local flavours and ingredients used in home cooking, as well as the time the family spends together. You will have to get used to the late hour though, most Argentineans eat dinner around 9 or 10pm.
- 24/7 Spanish – mostly these families know little to no English – and that’s the whole idea! From when you wake until you sleep again, you should be speaking Spanish. Full immersion is by far the best way to cement what you learn in the classroom.
- Guaranteed safe and comfortable home – and often houses are picked for their great location to the school as well as to shops, bars and restaurants.
- Living with locals – beyond their daily household routines you’ll be learning from long-time Buenos Aires city veterans. People who know every inch of the city and often happily take you out on the weekends, or at least advise you where to go, current events and how to navigate the overwhelmingly large city.
- We call them host-mums for a reason – you will live with people who care for you and your whereabouts, and perhaps give you that big hug when you find yourself missing home.
Here’s what a couple of our current students have to say:
“The best thing about my homestay family for me is that they speak literally zero English….so we have some pretty funny conversations with a lot of hand gestures but it is the best thing for my Spanish. They are nice, I feel looked after”. – Suzanne
“My homestay host is in a great location, and they always include me in whatever they do in the weekends, like parks and museums and stuff. And they helped me understand the subway system, just little things that matter, especially when travelling alone. At first I found it a bit strange you know, just turning up and moving in with strangers, but actually I like the personal relationship”. – Marcy